Welcome to your online home for the year-long celebration of Modesto’s 150th anniversary!
During this time of unprecedented change throughout the nation because of the COVID-19 virus, the City has been forced to cancel or postpone events surrounding the sesquicentennial celebrations. While we look for new and innovative ways to recognize the 150th anniversary, we welcome your suggestions by using the feedback form.
The goals of the Modesto150 celebration are to:
- Embrace civic pride through a celebration of the city’s history.
- Strengthen the role of Modesto’s heritage as a part of its cultural identity for residents and visitors.
- Enhance long-term public appreciation of Modesto’s heritage, while keeping an eye toward a fresh and prosperous future.
- Increase awareness of Modesto’s historic buildings, structures, landscapes, and people.
- Involve greater numbers of people in preservation-related and economic development efforts.
All Official City-Sponsored Sesquicentennial Events Cancelled
No one could have ever anticipated that we would be compelled to cancel events throughout the City of Modesto because of a pandemic. Many community members and stakeholders began in 2018 planning for the City’s anniversary celebration activities, and to have to cancel these events is heartbreaking.
For now, enjoy the birthday message below from your community neighbors in the College Area Neighborhood. Thank you to the College Area Neighborhood Association for helping us celebrate with the Gala-To-Go.